The Classy Mohawk
Style: The Classy Mohawk
Skill To Learn: Crossed Bobbies + Diffusion + Hairspray
Time Commitment: 20 Minutes
What You Need: Gel/Mousse, Hairspray, Diffuser, a Bunch of Bobbies (optional clear elastics)
My newest funky style is a curly faux-hauk of sorts. It’s really pretty easy if you have a couple extra minutes in the morning.
- Begin with a wet head, and because I have shorter bangs, I have to pre-emptively pinning them back with crossed bobbies.
- Next, you’re going to put your favorite curling product into your hair and diffuse it until it is 85 % dry.
- Now, at this point, there are two ways you can do it: manually bobby pin your hair into the mohawk shape, beginning at the forehead and working your way to the nape or place individual ponytails down the mohawk so that the weight of the hair is anchored a little better.
- Then, finish diffusing the hair. Once you have a strong curl pattern set in, begin to cluster the hair along the mohawk shape, bobby-pinning as you go.
- Lastly, use a good amount of hairspray to reinforce the level of rockstar volume that you want! Then you’re done!
(; RoCk It OuT, mY FrIeNdS! 🙂
Have a great day and remember that someone needs a ray of light today that only you can shine.
Make time for inspiration, be yourself without apology and always light your world with goodness!
Posted on October 4, 2012, in beauty, hair tutorials and tagged braided bangs, buns, crossed bobbies, on the side, the flippy look, the messy look, tutorials, twists. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.