My Version of the Kitschy Hair Clips
This week I set out to make some of those kitschy hair clips and headbands with the ribbon-rolled rosettes. Here is what I started with:
- bulk pack of ribbon scraps ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- bulk pack of buttons ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- beads (left over from previous projects)
- extra ribbon, lace, tulle (left over from previous projects)
- feathers (left over…)
- felt squares in assorted colors (left over from a Christmas project from last year!)
- my grandmother’s antique rose pin
- fabric glue ($5.99 at JoAnns)
- thread and needle (had on hand)
- hair clips and bobby pins (had on hand)
- elastic for the headbands ($2.49 at Hobby Lobby)
- hot glue and glue gun (for attaching to hair clips)
Honestly, although the project itself was simple, it took me a couple afternoons to put together, because this is how I work these days.
But when it was all said and done, it was an inexpensive and innovative way to make some new accessories for all the girls in this family. (Plus stocking stuffers!) And I was excited to be able to combine pieces of my wedding tulle, ribbons and feathers with my grandmother’s rose pin to make the vintage-inspired headband.